Your right to be treated well
- We will treat you with respect and dignity.
- We will treat you fairly and speak honestly.
- We will protect your personal information and only use it for the right
- We will provide good quality services that suit your needs, age, lifestyle and cultural
Your right to participate
- You have the right to a safe and comfortable place to use the
- You have the right to make choices and decisions about the services you receive.
- You have the right to the information you need to make good
- You have the right to have someone help you make the best choices – an advocate or support
- You have the right to get help accessing services in the
Your right to speak out
- You have the right to complain about the
- You have the right to a reply as quickly as
- If you still are not happy, you have the right to complain again, or talk with the NDIS