Health & Safety
In line with the national government guidelines, Optimal Care Australia has taken swift and decisive action to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and support workers. We have implemented strict measures and guidelines for our support workers to adhere to in order to protect the safety of our clients, support workers, and the wider community.
Hygiene and Temperature Checks:
- We understand the importance of our role in delivering services for our clients, but the safety and wellbeing of all parties involved is of the utmost importance.
- We have implemented temperature checks and strict hygiene protocols to protect the health and safety of our clients and support workers.
- We have also put in place protocols for reporting symptoms and potential exposure to illness.
Community and Service Hub:
- Our community and service hub is open and has resumed small group programs and individual programs, with strict social distancing measures in place.
- We have implemented capacity limits and measures to further promote social distancing and health safety.
- We currently offer a variety of services, including:
- Essential community supports (such as shopping, exercise, and medical appointments)
- In-home supports
- Online programs
- Outdoor exercise
- Recreational activities in the community
- Programs at community hubs
- In order to protect Optimal Care Australia staff and clients, visitors to our head office and hub centre will be subject to temperature checks and will be asked a series of questions before entry. These include questions about any symptoms of illness, recent travel, and contact with individuals diagnosed with coronavirus.