Health & Safety
In line with national government guidelines, Optimal Care Australia has acted immediately and cautious to assure the safety and wellbeing of our clients and support workers. We have put strict measures and rules our support workers must adhere by and obey to protect the safety of our clients, support workers and community.
We understand the importance of our role in delivering services for our clients but also your safety and the safety of our support worker is more important and a bigger picture, doing our job and making sure strict hygiene rules are as followed and temperature checks are put into place as well as notice of symptoms and other sickness with potential of exposure.
Our community and service hub is open and has commenced some small group programs and individual programs, social distance is still in place and we are practicing it, numbers and capacity within activity rooms have and sessions have been implemented to further practice social distance and health safety. This stage of practice and measurement ensures that all our participants and clients health and safety are practiced and protect in line with the line government recommendation.
We currently offer the choice of 1 on 1 sessions and small groups, assisting clients with activities such as
- essential community supports (such as shopping, exercise, attending medical appointments)
- in-home supports
- online programs
- outdoor exercise
- recreational activities in the community
- programs at community hubs
To help protect Optimal Care Australia staff and clients, visitors to our head office and hub centre will have their temperature checked on arrival and will be asked the following questions before entry:
- Are you feeling unwell? If so, do you have a cough, a fever or shortness of breath? Is someone you live with unwell or displaying any of these symptoms?
- Have you, or someone you live with, returned from overseas within the last 14 days?
- Have you recently come into contact with someone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus by a doctor or asked to self-isolate?